Friday, July 17, 2015

Parenting

"To you who are parents, I say, show love to your children. You know you love them, but make certain they know it as well. They are so precious. Let them know. Call upon Heavenly Father for help as you care for their needs each day as you deal with challenges which inevitably come with parenthood. You need more than your own wisdom in rearing them."
- President Thomas S. Monson


Our teacher shared this quote with the class and it really got me thinking. One day I will have kids of my own and I will be in charge of teaching, supporting, caring for and loving these children. My only worrying thought is, "How am I supposed to teach these children? What do I know?". I am not perfect. I most certainly don't know everything there is to know. What I do know, though, is that the Lord is perfect. He does know everything and He is the ultimate one to turn to in times of need. What better person to turn to than the father of millions and millions of children?

The thought of being a parent can be overwhelming and there are times where the thought of having children is more than terrifying to me. One thing I can always rely on is the fact that with God, I can do anything. Not only will I have God, but I will have a loving husband to learn with me, love me, help me and draw us closer to God. What better thing can there be?

No comments:

Post a Comment