Friday, July 17, 2015

Stress in the family...yikes!

I have been very privileged to grow up in a family that didn't experience a lot of stress. I mean, we definitely had those "everyone wants to strangle everyone" road trips and the occasional "this family night is going to be fun, dangit!" family nights where nobody wanted to be there. But when it comes to real traumatic overwhelming stress, I am at a loss. I am totally okay with that though. I can, however, think of times where we have had deep meaningful discussions, times where we have cried together, laughed off stress together and gotten through the normal day to day trials. When my sister left on her mission, it was hard on our family. It was the first time we had cried in front of each other and had really expressed our inner feelings. Ever since then, it is something we have always done.

I think it is very important to have those moments with your family. When faced with trials, we should always turn to our family first. They are the ones who God had put with us for moments like that. In class this week, I have seen how important that family unit is not only during stressful times, but in the eyes of God. Sometimes the most powerful and life changing  moments can come from within the walls of our own homes. It is important to remember that and to look to your family for guidance, happiness, love and relief because that is what they are there for.

No comments:

Post a Comment